From Camarillo to Columbus

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Family Breakdown Part 2

Okay so here are a few more members of my family.

My sister, Tina: You know it is funny to remember certain things about a past with your family. I can remember when we were I think 8 and 12 and we lived in CT, whenever it would rain my sister and I would put the furniture in the covered part between the garage and house and play house. It was so much fun. Those times didn't last very long with my sister. As she started blooming into a teenager we grew apart. I was the bothersome little sister and she was the cool one with boobs. The boys started flocking her and of course she loved it. That is when the rebellion started between her and my mother/me. When we moved back to CA she started joining in with the bad crowds and doing drugs. I can even remember I time when she tried to kill me. There was a boy climbing in our bedroom window and I went to tell my mom but Tina grabbed the kitchen knife and right when I was at my mom's door I turned and she was bringing the knife down. I moved right before it would have hit me and she got the door. Turns out the boy was a friend of hers. She ended up getting pregnant at 16 and gave birth at 17 with my nephew Micheal. His dad didn't last long he went to jail when she was pregnant with Micheal. Then she met Eddie...the only boy we ever thought was worthy of my sister. He took care of her and Micheal as a family. They were planning on getting married when she turned 18 but he died a month before then. She found out she was pregnant after he died. That was so hard on her. She was actually getting her life back together and then BAM! Life shattered for her. She had my niece at 18. Then went back on her rebellious lifestyle. All the while my nephew was being raised by us (my mom, grandma, and me) and my niece, Ashlee, went to live with Eddie's parents. Tina came and went as she pleased. I still don't know what she is doing with her life. She had my youngest niece, Nicole, in 2001 and after that she realized that she had to be responsible for her child. That dad was crazy...literally. She hopped from motel to motel with her and the dad until we finally stopped helping her. She went to a program that helped her get off drugs and alchohol. We were so happy for her. She cleaned up her act, got a job, and an apt. But is still on a track to nowhere. She can't seem to find a good man to settle down with. All her boyfriends have been losers, drug addicts, or alchoholics which pull her back into that world. She took Micheal to live with her and wrecked his life too. He is now in a boys group home where he is doing well. She lived in an army like tent on the beach with my niece and one of her loser guys. I feel awful for my niece to have to go through all this. We don't see Ashlee very often as she is living in NorCal. I wish she would open her eyes to her lack of a life for her children and self and do right by them.

My brother, Dwayne: He was raised by my grandma and grandpa from 4 days old. My mom couldn't take on another child and my grandparents knew it so they got legal guardianship of him. I don't have many memories of him prior to us moving back to CA in 1990. Except one that is of all 3 of us on a 4X4 truck cruising down the street. It was when he visited us in CT. But when we did move back I was attached to him. I was the tomboy and he had all the boy friends I liked to play with. We would play Ditch, Football, Baseball, and all the boys stuff. Of course they weren't as rough with me cuz I was a girl but I had fun all the same. I sometimes resented him for the favoring my grandma had towards him. But it wasn't his fault. We were always in trouble together. When I started high school I think we grew apart because I was there and he wasn't but still at night we played in the street. He is 15 months younger than me but much taller. Much taller. I used to tease him that I was taller than him but he seemed to grow over his jr high to high school break. I got jacked without getting tall at all. He went to 6'2" ft and I stayed 5'6". Two years ago we moved in together and it was fun at first having my brother back as a friend. But we were so different. I had a kid to take care of and he was free to come and go as he pleased. I guess I was a little jealous of that. I missed being without kids. He would stay out till 2 and have a great time. I sometimes wish I could have done that too. But he is young and doing as any bachelor would do. He had a girlfriend, Marleen, who was a cheerleading coach so he became a coach to spend more time with her. They were actually engaged but things happened to where they broke up and he is single again. He lost so much weight after their break up. I am proud of him for not dwelling on the past and hopefully he will find that one girl he is meant to be with. He is truly and amazing person. He is coming for a visit and I can't wait to show him around. Hopefully he will find a nice girl to hang out with at night that can show him the town as I can't. Any single girls let me know. He is a handsome guy.

My father's side of the family, The Barretts: Well I don't know them. I actually don't even know all their names. I know I have 2 half sisters, Ginger and Amy, and one half brother, Matthew. But I have never met them but I remember seeing a picture of them when they were younger...they actually looked just like us but with brown eyes. It was eerie but now they look nothing like us. Funny thing was we all looked like my mother...I saw Jo (father's ex) and she looked similar to my mother. I've never met my grandparents. I know that my father's dad wasn't really his dad but he adopted him after he married my father's mother. I think he has a brother and sister. OMG I have to tell you this. My grandmother actually had me call her once. I was already 25 and she wanted me to call her. I was excited that she might actually want to know me after all these years. I was wrong. She wanted to ask me about phone service because I worked for the phone company. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!! Didn't ask me anything about myself or her great grandchild...but phone service. Oh well...cest la vie. Sad thing is she actually died on my birthday last year. My grandfather died the year before. Both died of cigarette related diseases. My father's sister, Leona, what a bitch. She had the nerve to tell me that I should have tried to find her when I was a child. WTH!! I was a kid for criminey sakes. I told her never to try to talk to me again after that...she said I needed counseling and church for all my built up anger towards my father's family. I told her to FuCK off and I never heard from her again. I think his brother died. Sad thing is my nephew Micheal got to meet them and I didn't.

That's it...you got my whole family there. I didn't go into all the details about each one but some great stuff all the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home